Two-way rsync to locally mounted webdav

• Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to OMV, and am trying to find a way to have my NAS files synced to my externally managed Nextcloud account, and vice-versa.

I managed to mount my Nextcloud on OMV using webdav, and can set up shares, etc., as expected. My issue though is how to set up a two-way sync (if that's at all possible)?

At the moment, if I set up a 'local' rsync job with my NAS as the source, it will either delete files on the Nextcloud instance that aren't on the NAS, or add to it. If I then delete that file on the Nextcloud instance, no file changes are made on my NAS.

Is there a way this can be solved through Rsync? Or are there other options I should look at (does Nextcloud have a cli client that would do the trick)?

Thanks!

• sputz

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Rsync to locally mounted webdav“ zu „Two-way rsync to locally mounted webdav“ geändert.
  • sputz

Hat das Label von OMV 0.5 auf OMV 5.x geändert.
  • Osync and Unison look interesting, but I hadn't even thought of SyncThing!

I may end up going with SyncThing as that way I can use my Nextcloud storage solely for its webdav capabilities (accessing files on demand), and syncing direct with my NAS for everything else.

Thanks,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!