PlexMedia Server plugin not at latest version

• ???? The PlexMediaServer used in the plugin is on version .9.8.14. The client apps for different things ( ios, android, etc...) all have different version numbers. Are you looking at a version number for a client app on your TV??? The client apps have nothing to do with your OMV and the server part of the equation.

• There are no versions in between. They just make jumps like that. Always have.

BTW, Plex is the best. People that waste tons of time using XBMC and messing with a keyboard are nuts. I don't have that kind of time.

• The plugin is 1 version behind the release on the website. The reason is when they are released there is no Debian version. Moxz adapts Ubuntu packages for Debian and sometimes he is a bit behind. So that is what you were wondering. You got me confused because you had .14 and .18. All the client apps have version numbers too. I'm always comparing version number for the plexpass android and the normal android. They have a lot of clients. It gets confusing.

• I did not know that they jumped like that. I thought each update was in order....my bad

I agree plex is far the best well not perfect but at least its stable not like XBMC. I gave up on XBMC always crashing or dealing with broken dependencies. You can expand it via channels. What I like the best is its central design and its arm client is very fast and pretty much bug free. I end up getting the plex pass just for its sync feature which is great when I'm on the road. Can sync up whatever I like.

• My only problem with Plex is that you cannot publish your server to myPlex via IPv6 :( As I have no open IPv4 stack (all ports are firewall protected globally on the network), I simply can't get it to register. But at least I have static IP which is nice.

• only thing that's stopping me using plex is not sure how rasplex runs on the raspberry pis and am tite and don't wanna pay for the plex app on my phone to control the raspberry pis (and unsure if it can manage multiple devices)

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Zitat von "fonix232"

There's actually a free remote for Plex on the Play Store, the paid app is a media player with direct Plex access.
    Here's the app: https://play.google.com/store/…appealingworks.plexremote

do you know if theres one for ios as only just got a nexus 7 (2013) to try and haven't played on it yet and usually control the pis with iphones.

got any experience of rasplex? I saw recently theres a plugin you can install on xbmc which does some magic so it runs as plex.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!