Proxmox backup server

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had't seen that yet. I will give it a shot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am interested to hear if anyone has had any success with this? I am still using OMV 4.1 so I have a feeling I would need to update to 5 before I could even attempt this.

• I am also interested if anyone had success with this?
    I've just give it a try on a OMV 4.1, adding the needed proxmox repository in /etc/apt/sources.list file, and doing

Code
    apt-get update 
    apt-get install proxmox-backup-server

and now I can't login with the webgui in OMV, it says "software failure wrong login or password"... .

Anyone have an idea how to go back to a working state?
    And if only OMV 5 would work with PBS?

• Great news! I still have a few things to fix on my migration from OMV 4 to 5 before I give it a try but I'm happy it works.

Can you confirm you've just added the repo to the source file, and do what's described here on the pbs install documentation and then

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get install proxmox-backup-server

? I will try in the coming days.

• Yes this is my pbs.list :

Code
    deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pbs buster pbs-no-subscription

And here are current packages:

Code
    ii  proxmox-backup-docs               1.0.4-1                             all          Proxmox Backup Documentation
    ii  proxmox-backup-server             1.0.5-1                             amd64        Proxmox Backup Server daemon with tools and GUI

Hope this helps.

• Thank you, it works perfectly!

So for those who will read this thread later:

Once OMV5 is installed:

Code
    $ sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pbs.list

Add this line at the end:

Code
    deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pbs buster pbs-no-subscription

Save and close the file, then

Code
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install proxmox-backup-server

Here you are!

Login to the admin webgui via https://your-server-ip-or-name:8007 and setup PBS as needed.

• fwiw, just upgraded from omv 5 to omv 6 via cli. Then did an update of the proxmox repository and upgraded PBS (proxmox backup server) and appears to be working fine.

ie omv 5 -> omv 6

pbs 1.x -> pbs 2.x

• Even with the proxmox kernel already installed, i still needed to add the keys to the pbs.list file.

Code
    signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/proxmox-release-bullseye.gpg]

The easiest way to achieve this was to copy the pvekernel.list file to pbs.list and change pve to pbs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!