Docker Management with Cockpit - Where are the labels?

• Cheers everyone,

I am currently in the process of setting up my new NAS/Homeserver. I want to run some dockers on it, including traefik as a reverse proxy. For that to work I need to add labels to my containers. I can do that with portainer, i know, but tbh i am not a big fan of the tool. Coming from a recent Unraid trial setup, i was looking for a more integrated solution so Cockpit has a certain appeal. Unfortunately, i don't see options for Labels when setting up a container (see attached screenshot). Am I missing something or is Cockpit really not able to use Labels?

• including traefik as a reverse proxy. For that to work I need to add labels to my containers.

You don't have to use labels on containers if you expose them by default. Yes I know, thats probably the solution any of us wants to use, especially, since it is usually messed up by the stack name.

The cockpit Documentation isn't very exhaustive on docker: https://cockpit-project.org/guide/latest/feature-docker.html

It doesn't look very active compared to portainer either, judging by he issues count on https://github.com/cockpit-pro…es?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue

What is your gripe with portainer?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Portainer by itself is okay, i guess. I'd just prefer something integrated as opposed to another config-frontend (One for OMV, one for Docker, one for VMs, etc.). That's why I was looking at Cockpit. I've found the same online documentation (if you can call it that :D).

TBH: This is what I loved when looking at UNRAID, it's a single web frontend for everything (that I want) including a nice app-store-like search function for dockers. On the other hand UNRAID is not free (90 USD for my current server size) and OMV has more options in the way of actual storage layout (UNRAID is always a single Snapraid-ish array + one Cache pool). That's why I am looking at OMV right now. So maybe I am a bit spoiled right now when it comes to the Web frontend.

I guess by:

Zitat

Yes I know, thats probably the solution any of us wants to use[...]

you mean that it is probably NOT the solution any of us wants to use? :)

• I guess by:

you mean that it is probably NOT the solution any of us wants to use? :)

Yeah, thats what I meant to say. I guess when you know traefik, you know what I mean by that? :D

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!