Remote Mount Plugin

• Just creating a new thread which is continuing from a thread which I inadvertently hijacked.

Trying to set up a remote host from my windows machine using the remote mount plugin.

Typed in the Name = TestRsync; Server name = 192.168.1.109; Share = TestRsync (this is a folder I setup on windows machine located as C:\TestRsync)

Then added my windows login credentials/password.

But I get this error message:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/remotemount'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:244
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/remotemount.inc(150): OMV\Config\Database->set(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject))
    #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\RemoteMount->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RemoteMount', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
  • :/ what I do if this happens, uninstall the plugin, then omv-extras -> updates from the drop down select apt clean and let it run, reinstall the plugin, wash, rinse, repeat :)

thanks geaves - that did work kind of! :)

But I had to set up the server with an IP address rather than the hostname (eg. BUILD-PC) and directory name had to have no spaces or underscore - kept getting errors but I'm curious if this normal?

• tannaroo

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Remote Mount Plug“ zu „Remote Mount Plugin“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

but I'm curious if this normal

Yes, unlike windows, linux will barf at spaces either in a drive label or a share, I've got so used to it now it becomes second nature, as to the server IP, nothing new, the only way to overcome hostname initially is to edit your hosts file which TBH is not worth the effort.

Don't forget that remote mount is a drive as far as OMV is concerned, so in Access Management -> Shared Folders you'll need to create a share on that remote mount.

• Yes, unlike windows, linux will barf at spaces either in a drive label or a share, I've got so used to it now it becomes second nature, as to the server IP, nothing new, the only way to overcome hostname initially is to edit your hosts file which TBH is not worth the effort.

Don't forget that remote mount is a drive as far as OMV is concerned, so in Access Management -> Shared Folders you'll need to create a share on that remote mount.

ok. i picked up on the access management. i am running rsync now hopefully it will be quicker than resilio.

do you know if there is a way to get more information like % completed, how much mb/s its uploading/downloading etc?

• Offizieller Beitrag

do you know if there is a way to get more information like % completed, how much mb/s its uploading/downloading etc

No, don't bother with it as my rsync jobs run in the early hours, and I get email notifications, but it should be as good as if you were copying files across the network

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!