docker network issue: "network host is ambiguous (2 matches found on name)"

• I'm looking for help sorting out my docker host networks. When I try starting my container that is configured to use the "host" network, i get the following error.

Code
    # docker start plex
    Error response from daemon: network host is ambiguous (2 matches found on name)
    Error: failed to start containers: plex

So I try listing the networks

Code
    # docker network ls
    NETWORK ID          NAME                DRIVER              SCOPE
    4ebd3f305226        bridge              bridge              local
    269fed1ce050        duplicati-default   bridge              local
    1a5f867046df        host                host                local
    4ed90a9dd4bb        host                host                local
    3ee182783088        none                null                local

Yep, there are 2 networks with the name of host. Seems like that's a problem.

So I try to delete both with no effect.

Code
    # docker network rm 1a5f867046df
    Error response from daemon: host is a pre-defined network and cannot be removed
    # docker network rm 4ed90a9dd4bb
    Error: No such network: 4ed90a9dd4bb

Seems like 1a5f867046df is the actual "host" network and 4ed90a9dd4bb is the network that I need to remove. How would I go about doing that?

I've tried specifying docker network ls --no-trunc and using the network IDS specified that way. I've tried docker network rm host and it tells me 2 matches found based on name.

Or can I rename the 4ed90a9dd4bb network so it's name is something other than "host"?

Are the docker networks stored in a flat file I can modify?

Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps that will allow me to successfully use the host network would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• turing

Hat den Titel des Themas von „docker network issue: "network host is ambiguous (2 matches found on name)“ zu „docker network issue: "network host is ambiguous (2 matches found on name)"“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!