Two OMV servers access thru letsencrypt

• configure your router to redirect all calls to port 81 to second OMV

so if you write omv.xxxxduckdns.org:81 you be redirected to proper OMV

• I'm new to docker but couldn't you just use NFS and share the directories on the 2nd machine, mounting them in the first machine's docker? Well, assuming you just want the data and not 2 different instances of whatever (and that Docker understands NFS mounts).

Although, it appears to me that mounting 2 directories with the same name inside of 1 container causes the last mounted to hide the rest (like a jail) inside the container. I'm not sure how to create a directory "junction", but you could symlink all files from both machines to 1 shared directory if you desperately wanted to have all files in 1 named directory.

• Allthough that doesn't seem to be precisely what the questionair asked, yes you can do that. You can use the remotemount plugin and then the unionfs plugin on top of that.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm new to docker but couldn't you just use NFS and share the directories on the 2nd machine, mounting them in the first machine's docker? Well, assuming you just want the data and not 2 different instances of whatever (and that Docker understands NFS mounts).

Although, it appears to me that mounting 2 directories with the same name inside of 1 container causes the last mounted to hide the rest (like a jail) inside the container. I'm not sure how to create a directory "junction", but you could symlink all files from both machines to 1 shared directory if you desperately wanted to have all files in 1 named directory.

This seems overly complicated and not really in the direction the OP wants. For me it sound that its about accessing the OMV-GUI remotely.

• This seems overly complicated and not really in the direction the OP wants. For me it sound that its about accessing the OMV-GUI remotely.

I found the part "..working together and sharing some files" curious. It all hinges on what type of files are being shared between the 2 to require the use of both OMV GUI's regardless of docker, certs, etc..

I just noticed the question is 4 days old, which is about 3.5 days past the Human Response Omega. Although, what about NFC collars for pigeon carriers that land on NFC pads?

• I found the part "..working together and sharing some files" curious. It all hinges on what type of files are being shared between the 2 to require the use of both OMV GUI's regardless of docker, certs, etc..

I just noticed the question is 4 days old, which is about 3.5 days past the Human Response Omega. Although, what about NFC collars for pigeon carriers that land on NFC pads?

I started with an arm servers all my disks are connected there (Movies) but in order to get hardware transcoding quick sync, I moved emby on an intel core (dell optiplex 3070) without any sata drive connection so the sharing and my letsetncrypt files are still on the first server that 's all.

• I would create a second .subdomain.conf (e.g. omv2.subdomain.conf) and point the proxy_pass to your second server.

I did that restarted letsencrypt but omv2.xxxxduckdns.org give me the generic

Welcome to our server

The website is currently being setup under this address.

EDIT

Working perfectly for some reason the mod with the line

Code
    server_name omv2

was not saved

• I got confused what configuration page should I use on my router?

I do not think I can do that on port forwarding Tab (asus router)?

yes, you can do that on port forwading on your ASUS all calls to por 81 can be redirected to port 80 of your second NAS (use the IP of your second NAS)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!