Change Recycle Bin structure in SMB / OMV5

• Is there a way to change how the SMB Recycle Bin works in OMV5?

Currently it creates a complete Folder Structure when i delete a file.

For Example:
    If i delete the file /img/png/img.png the recycle bin is gonna look like this: /nils/img/png/img.png.

Is there something i can do so that SMB moves the File straight into the recycle folder, without recreating the whole Folder Tree, kinda like Windows does?

Thanks in Advance!:)

• Yes, this is possible by the vfs objects = recycle module of Samba. Within this module you can use this option recycle:keeptree = Yes/No. Detailed instructions here

This can be configured on a per share base. Add the module lines in the Extra Options field of the specific share. It should also be possible to configure it for all shares generally.

Please don´t modify /etc/smb.conf directly because later changes on the SMB/CIFS configuration by the WebUI will overwrite your manual changes.

OMV 3.0.99 (Gray style)
    ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304

• Yes, this is possible by the vfs objects = recycle module of Samba. Within this module you can use this option recycle:keeptree = Yes/No. Detailed instructions here

This can be configured on a per share base. Add the module lines in the Extra Options field of the specific share. It should also be possible to configure it for all shares generally.

Please don´t modify /etc/smb.conf directly because later changes on the SMB/CIFS configuration by the WebUI will overwrite your manual changes.

Perfect, that's what i was looking for! Thank you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!