Change Recycle Bin structure in SMB / OMV5

• Is there a way to change how the SMB Recycle Bin works in OMV5?

Currently it creates a complete Folder Structure when i delete a file.

For Example:
    If i delete the file /img/png/img.png the recycle bin is gonna look like this: /nils/img/png/img.png.

Is there something i can do so that SMB moves the File straight into the recycle folder, without recreating the whole Folder Tree, kinda like Windows does?

Thanks in Advance!:)

Raspberry Pi 4B 1GB (sadly...)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BrokenLumber () aus folgendem Grund: fixed a sentence

• Yes, this is possible by the vfs objects = recycle module of Samba. Within this module you can use this option recycle:keeptree = Yes/No. Detailed instructions here

This can be configured on a per share base. Add the module lines in the Extra Options field of the specific share. It should also be possible to configure it for all shares generally.

Please don´t modify /etc/smb.conf directly because later changes on the SMB/CIFS configuration by the WebUI will overwrite your manual changes.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Yes, this is possible by the vfs objects = recycle module of Samba. Within this module you can use this option recycle:keeptree = Yes/No. Detailed instructions here

This can be configured on a per share base. Add the module lines in the Extra Options field of the specific share. It should also be possible to configure it for all shares generally.

Please don´t modify /etc/smb.conf directly because later changes on the SMB/CIFS configuration by the WebUI will overwrite your manual changes.

Perfect, that's what i was looking for! Thank you!

• What happens if you have the same file name in different branches of the tree?

Just tried that by copying the same file in two different folders and then deleting it.

Both get moved to the Recycle folder, the second one get's renamed to "Copy #1 of {Filename}".

• BrokenLumber

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • BrokenLumber

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!