How to get rid of aquota.user & aquota.group files?

• How do i get rid of the aquota.user and aquota.group files in my SMB share?

Every time i delete them they just come back. I can't hide or rename them.

I do not use Quotas. I tried stopping and disabling the quota service with systemctl stop quota & systemctl disable quota, but the files still come back after deletion...:thumbdown:

• Offizieller Beitrag

They don't hurt anything and this has been discussed in other threads but you need to remove the aquota options from the mount options in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml (take a backup first). Then rewrite fstab with: omv-salt deploy run fstab and reboot.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• They don't hurt anything and this has been discussed in other threads but you need to remove the aquota options from the mount options in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml (take a backup first). Then rewrite fstab with: omv-salt deploy run fstab and reboot.

Tried that, but the Files still reappear every time.

I know that they don't "Hurt" anything, the honestly just annoy me a lot

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tried that, but the Files still reappear every time.

Huh. You got rid of all of the jq options? Did you disable the quotaon service too?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Huh. You got rid of all of the jq options? Did you disable the quotaon service too?

Got rid of all of those, yes. Stopped and Disabled quotaon & quota services.. They still come back.

I have 2 Drives & Shared Folders. One is a backup of the other one. When i delete the aquota files in the backup drive, they're not coming back. But they always come back in my main drive.

Edit: btw I'm using OMV5.

• BrokenLumber

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Make sure:

You are the root user or using sudo

The quota service is not running.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I think it may be the quotaon.service you should be stopping and disabling.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• What's the output of cat /etc/fstab ?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Only thing left I can suggest is that maybe those files have the immutable bit set. Have you checked for that?

--

• What's the output of cat /etc/fstab ?

Greetings

David

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/fstab
    proc            /proc           proc    defaults          0       0
    PARTUUID=738a4d67-01  /boot           vfat    defaults          0       2
    PARTUUID=738a4d67-02            /       ext4    noatime,nodiratime,defaults     0 1
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Fotografie           /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Fotografie       ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,acl   0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/drive2               /srv/dev-disk-by-label-drive2   ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,acl  0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]
  • BrokenLumber

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Yer welcome.

If there's another way to stifle root from deleting files, I'd like to know what it is.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!