Error #0 Trying to mount SSD

• Hi Guys,

First off I want to say that this is an awesome project and I have loved OMV's interface. This is one of my first linux/raspi projects and I've been having fun so far but I'm already having some issues.

I have been using OMV on a pi with a USB with no problems, I wanted faster speeds so I've added an SSD in addition.

1) I formatted an old SSD to EXT4 using mini-tool on windows

2)Next plugged it into my pi

3) I tried mounting it in OMV but got a communication error

4) went back to the "Disks" tab and tried to Quick wipe the drive but in the process I get the following error...

5) SSD no longer showing under File Systems tab

Status Window

Warning: The kernel is still using the old partition table.

The new table will be used at the next reboot or after you

run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8)

GPT data structures destroyed! You may now partition the disk using fdisk or

other utilities.

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.0493863 s, 84.9 MB/s

8192+0 records in

8192+0 records out

4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.0588948 s, 71.2 MB/s

ERROR

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': blockdev: ioctl error on BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy

Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': blockdev: ioctl error on BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc:297 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusO2...', '/tmp/bgoutputP1...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc(301): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->wipe(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('wipe', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('DiskMgmt', 'wipe', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

• 1) I formatted an old SSD to EXT4 using mini-tool on windows

You should do all that from within OMV web gui.

1. Under Storage/Disks wipe the disk and set your power management.
    2. Under Storage/File Systems create your file system and then mount the disk.

Rsync makes true backup and restoration stupid easy, and it's built right in to OMV. Use this command in a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofSOURCEdisk/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofDESTINATIONdisk/
    OMV Version: Ver. 5 (current) - Hardware: NanoPi M4, running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - Acer Aspire T180, running backup - Odroid XU4, running Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: Odroid HC2, Odroid XU4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Odroid XU4, and HP dx2400.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!