Unable to mount RAID5 after moving to new system and OMV3 -> OMV5

• Hi,

My Thecus N5200 NAS that was running x86 OMV3 has crashed (motherboard is fried). It was running a 5 disk RAID5 setup. I searched the forums and came across THIS post. So I took a PC with 6 SATA connections, attached one 60GB SSD I had laying around and setup up OMV5 on it. Updated it completely, shut it down and attached all the disk and booted it up. OMV5 sees the disks, SMARTS status is fine on all of them. It even sees the Raid which has status 'Clean'. It evens finds my filesystem (xfs named Data), but when I try to mount it I get this error:

I have very little knowledge of linux, so if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this, any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers,

Patrick

• Patrick Haak

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Patrick Haak

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Not really a solution to redeploy OMV3, the pointer is in the error.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Patrick Haak I would begin with a file system check on /dev/md127.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!