Connecting my OMV server to the network causes issues for others

• I've loaded up a OMV 5 server on an Odroid H2+. That device has two NICs but I only have one connected. I loaded Debian first, then OMV, then OMV Extras, and started using portainer and Dockstarter to load docter images. My OMV server receives it's address via DHCP from our home router. I've configured networking by listing interfaces in the interfaces.d directory. The interfaces do not appear in my OMV networking GUI. I noticed that the docker images loaded via portainer and Dockstarter are on a 192.x.x.x network, while the addresses in our home network as served by our home router are in the 10.0.0.x network. I'm not certain if Portainer bridges those two networks. But, I'm wondering if having the two network IPs on the network are creating the problems?

I used to be involved in networking decades ago -- but have forgotten how to diagnose, and was weak in Linux anyway.

All I've been able to determine so far, is that when I add the OMV to the network is we're unable to stream from our roku due to network timeouts, and all devices get extremely poor and unreliable connections.

I don't really know where to start in diagnosing.

My network card is configured this way in interfaces.d (with a reserved address coming from my router's DHCP server.)

#enp2s0

allow-hotplug enp2s0

iface enp2s0 inet dhcp

# iface enp2s0 inet6 dhcp

# address 10.0.0.5

# netmask 255.255.255.0

# gateway 10.0.0.1

# dns-nameservers 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!