Fan Control

• Hi,

So I have just finished setting up my OMV5 on Pi4 but was wondering is there a plug in or docker thing to control the fan speed. At 100% fan has a audible humming noise so I was hoping to run it at either 50% or 20%. I know it won't do much for the heat but it's better than nothing.

Thanks

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• There are many solutions how to add a PWM fan to a raspberry pi. Depending how and what tutorial you used, you can do that by adding a python script. If you just plugged in a 5V fan without a control cable you just have the option to use variable resistors for example.

• There are many solutions how to add a PWM fan to a raspberry pi. Depending how and what tutorial you used, you can do that by adding a python script. If you just plugged in a 5V fan without a control cable you just have the option to use variable resistors for example.

Hi Wastlj,

Thank you for this, i had to use a combination of instructions for setting up OMV 5. it would be easier for me to use a 5V fan which i have and there is no control cable, What type of resistor would i use?

• I´d suggest a 100Ohm Potentiometer. With that you can control the speed stepless.

Thank you i will try that.

• WastlJ

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!