SMB very slow

• hi,
    with the new update omv omv 5.5.5-1 my SMB transfer is very, very,very, very,very, very,very, very,very, very, SLOW

before update it was 1 or 1.5MO/sec

but not it is 100K/sec

it take 3 hour to copy a film on my rasbery pi 4

PLEASE how to set setting to have the same default the omv 5.5.5(0) had?

The "putty" console on win 7 also become since update of OMV very slow.
    It take 5 sec to change user to pass asking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasbery pi 4 (4go), OMV 5.5.5-1(usul), rasbian mini on 32Go SD 100MO/sec, kernel 5.4.51-V7I+, data on intenso 5TO usb3 32MOcache

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von studio-jurdan ()

• Yes i use wireless but all the install hardware never move and they are in 5Meter max distance

Rasbery pi 4 (4go), OMV 5.5.5-1(usul), rasbian mini on 32Go SD 100MO/sec, kernel 5.4.51-V7I+, data on intenso 5TO usb3 32MOcache

• HUM,

I have change some setting in the SMB tab (extra setting) like this

It's seem a little better (300Ko/sec) but it is realy slow when i had 1Mo/sec last 6 month
    (Sorry for my terrible english (i'm french) and THANKS

• In fact on the pi this is the ETHO in use, but it is connected to a repeter becaus i can't pass the wall (no whole to do that)

The data is a very fast usb 3 HD with 32MO cache. NTFS. it run at 100MO/sec min when i attach on the pc
    When i add one laptop on the same repeter (or rpi4 or laptop) i can copy, move file between the laptop with the data HD to the pc at 10MO/sec. So i thinks the probl is not realy the wireless even if better is possible 10MO/sec is OK for me but not 100KO and i can't understand why it was 1MO last week and 6 month agao but just changed NOW when i had upgrader OMB 5.5.5-1 ???

• Offizieller Beitrag

In fact on the pi this is the ETHO in use

eth0 is allocated/set for ethernet connection.

but it is connected to a repeter becaus i can't pass the wall

Repeater?

NTFS

Not a good idea and not necessary even if you check the Pi forums and on here NTFS drives will cause problems

but just changed NOW when i had upgrader OMB 5.5.5-1

According to the blog these were just fixes and nothing to do with smb

• ETH0 is connected to a repeter, it's a modem that connect any ethernet to a wifi signal

NTFS is my only possible CHOICE becaus this HD must be readable every time and every where i need (if i can't remove it to rapi and connect on PC how can i add movie on it at 100KO/sec? 1 movie evey week? i use NTFS on LINUX FOR A LOT OFF YEAR and probl are just NO probl.
    If OMV can't unse NTFS it is time to go out the NAS comunauty sorry!

The one and ONLY THINK was changin is (OMB 5.5.5-1) upgrade. there are some other thinks strange to.
    LIKE all these image are empty

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use NTFS it's just another bottleneck and moving the drive around to use on a windows system can cause permission issues.

ETH0 is connected to a repeter, it's a modem that connect any ethernet to a wifi signal

This is still confusing and is certainly not the norm, if the 'repeater' is a wifi extender you not would plug your ethernet from your pi into it, these simply boost the wifi signal from your router.

• Permission issue is my life since 10 years! i use linux and windows on every day on my life.

the repeter convert ALSO WIFI to ETHERNET. usuali used to connect a PS4 with ethernet to a wifi network etc.

"

• Operates over both the 2.4 GHz band (300 Mbps) and 5 GHz band (433 Mbps) for more stable wireless experience
    • Works with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point
    • Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of range extender button
    • Smart signal lights show the strength of signal receives from the existing router, which can help to find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage
    • Ethernet port allows the extender to function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices"

I also tested this.
    I have removed the RPI4 micro SD card with OMV
    Replaced with another with ubuntu and installed samba on it.

and changer ABSOLUTLY NOTHING ELSE. all the hardware is the same !
    AND........my transfer rate on samba in ubuntu is about 2 to 3 MO/sec and not 120KO like using the OMV sd card.
    SO...i'm sorry but the probl is realy software and not hardware.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!