Automatically empty recycle bin

• Hallo,

I have my recycle bins not automatically empty, even though they are set. I found a few threads about problems with the auto empty feature, non the less they are all 2 years old or more.

So I need to know if this issue is addressed or not.

I have a script that can do the job. The question is, if I can use the built in functionality.

• Offizieller Beitrag

he situation is the following:

- It doesn't work. The lock file doesn't get deleted

- OMV maintainers claim it works

- The SMB maintainer doesn't answer

=> Broken.

So figure out what is wrong with the smb.conf that OMV generates. The one OMV maintainer doesn't use windows. So, somethings are very hard to test. It is very possible that this is a samba bug that OMV can't fix.

My advice: Just move on and take something else. OMV is dead to me.

This is ridiculous that you wouldn't use a product because something doesn't automatically empty a recycle bin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If it can't be reproduced, then it can't be fixed and/or it is declared as working.

As OMV is OSS, maybe it's time to contribute to the OMV community by trying to fix the issue instead of just complaining.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!