ERROR: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

• Hello,

trying to login i guess i forgot my password? strange but maybe a dubble typo.

No problem loggin in with ssh and using omv-firstaid change admin password.

then i get the message below.

Code
    Updating control panel administrator password. Please wait ...
    {'response': None, 'error': {'code': 0, 'message': "The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.", 'trace': "OMV\\HttpErrorException: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:91\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 1)\n#1 {main}", 'http_status_code': 404}}
    ERROR: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

i use it as root.

used the iso installer on a intel machine. All dockers work fine, i only cannot login to the webui.

I can login as user, but then i have no admin rights.

how do i reset the admin password?

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Add the user admin to the group openmediavault-admin via CLI. But that should really not necessary because fallback code should prevent that situation for the user admin.

I have no idea how to do that?

And if i do not do that, does it mean i have to wait til a new version is up?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Google would help you... Login as root and usermod -a -G openmediavault-admin admin

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had the same problem only that the user group openmediavault-admin is also not present.

Same solution from the above only that I added the user group first.

Thank you so much for this wonderful OS and very helpful forum mods.

Code
    groupadd openmediavault-admin

usermod -aG openmediavault-admin admin
  • Just for your information:

I did a new fresh installation, applied all the available updates [final version 5.5.6.1 (Usul)], and the Web GUI shows me the same message when I try to change the "admin" password thru the WEB GUI.

The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

Detailed message:

Error #0:
    OMV\HttpErrorException: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:91
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

At the end I changed via SSH.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you clear your browser cache?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!