Docker fill my disk...

• Hi,

I tried to make an update of my home assistant docker container, and It wans't working anymore because my disk was full...

It is not the first time that this problem appears... I made a docker container prune, and a docker volume prune, which give me some little space, arround 1Go, and I was able to login again to my OMV server Web interface. However, I am still worried about the space used by docker...

I saw this post which seems to be related to my problem, and I tried some stuff : Unable to log into web gui after update

There are something that seems bizare to me on my configuration :

1596568566-omv-docker-problem2.png

The docker system df command tell me that I only use arround 7Go maximum, but the overlay2 folder inside the default docker folder has a size arround 15Go! It is a lot of space as I am using a small SSD for my system, and I would like to keep the docker folder on the SSD to have the best response time for my services...

I think the home assistant docker container take a lot of space to update, and then doesn't purge the unnecessary data...

Do you have any idea how to resolve that ?

• Found it !!! It was the homeassistant database, the file home-assistant_v2.db, which was really heavy because of storing sensor state with a huge refresh rate!

Plus the local snapshot of Home assistant which was saving this huge database!

That will do it. I would probably still get those folders to a larger drive so you don't have to prune them all the time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!