Please help, im having trouble with permissions

• I have just downloaded a fresh install of OMV v.5 and have set up docker and SMB shares with a striped raid setup for my main media storage device and everything was looking good until half way through transfering my media onto the striped raid device it started giving me a message saying permission denied this disk is write protected. This was despite already having transferd half my files without a problem and I didnt change anything while the files where transfering to the disk. I tried restarting and reinsalling OMV but exact same error every time.

This has left me really confused, would be greatful for any help.

• im using raid 0 because the drives i have are smaller than my media library. Im using standard HDD sata drives with an intel i3 processor. I looked at the logs and there was this message like 100 times: collectd[7626]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/run/rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2) however I suspect this is the result off the error as some things cannot access the files but I dont understand it myself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

im using raid 0 because the drives i have are smaller than my media library.

Unionfs (there is a plugin for that) would have been the better option in my opinion.

With RAID 0 you loose all your data if one drive fails.

this disk is write protected

Is the filesystem (re-)mounted as read-only?

Maybe check the cables and SMART values.

• So ive checked the cables and they all seem fine but i looked on SMART and one of the drives had a red status indicator however i dont know what this means but if that drive has gone wrong somehow it would explain alot. But i did test each drive seperatly and they both worked. I tried using Unionfs but everytime i went on smb shares it said a device is not functioning. Has one of the HardDrives im using broken?

• Offizieller Beitrag

196 Reallocated_Event_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 157
    197 Current_Pending_Sector -O--CK 100 100 000 - 14520

That is not good. As per my understanding the drive is failing.

Many reallocated and pending sectors.

Come reading:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog…cate-hard-drive-failures/

I would replace the drive.

• With RAID 0 you loose all your data if one drive fails.

Please stop telling such bullshit. If one disk fails on RAID0 you just have to recover more data from your backup. Thats all. A RAID is never a backup. Different RAID types firstly provide different levels of service availability.

.... unless, he is having no backup. But then thats the real problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!