Problem with Orico Series - Unmounted Disk after a while

• I've mounted the unit on my Mac and it does recover from sleep. Also, I can connect to the disks in it very well.

However, their software doesn't see the unit at all. I wonder if it's indeed 9558RU3 or something else.

Turn the 9558ru3 off and on.

In windows just the second time, the software let me edit the raid settings.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it does not work with two discs in raid and one without raid.

That's due to the firmware of the enclosure, there is simply no point in setting a five bay enclosure to use Raid 1, there are 2 options

1. Use Raid 5 with a minimum of three disks, I would assume one could add more at a later date

2. If you are using disks as individuals use the Keep Alive option as stated in this thread from 2015

• That's due to the firmware of the enclosure, there is simply no point in setting a five bay enclosure to use Raid 1, there are 2 options

1. Use Raid 5 with a minimum of three disks, I would assume one could add more at a later date

2. If you are using disks as individuals use the Keep Alive option as stated in this thread from 2015

I know. It was just for the purpose of testing to see if it worked or not.

fgordon with two discs in raid it worked without problems for now.

• Another problem that I found with the Orico enclosure powered by JMicron JMS567 is that if you're just browsing/listing directories but not actually reading or writing files, it won't count as an activity and the Orico unit will simply go to sleep while you're actually browsing the disks on it. It will try to wake up immediately as you go to the next directory, but given the quirks with waking up that have been discussed before, it may succeed or fail.

It has all sorts of problems on MacOS, too. Waking up from sleep is less of a problem most of the time, but sometimes after going to sleep it gets disconnected from the Mac as well. There are multiple variants of this problem on Mac: the unit's leds can start blinking red and blue (I assume this is some undocumented error message) or they can stay blue but still be disconnected, or the unit can be fully asleep (no led lighting, fan not spinning). Also, the disconnect while browsing directories happens on Mac as well.

• I was having this issue with my Orico 5-bay non-RAID USB-3 drive bay. For me the issue was USB autosuspend was putting the entire USB device to sleep, disconnecting all of the drives when it did.

I will need to hunt down the instructions I used to fix it. A quick search gave me this https://askubuntu.com/question…tosuspend-on-ubuntu-18-04. May be a different process for OMV, but the command to check what your current autosuspend setting is:

cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend

If this gives you -1 autosuspend is disabled. I haven't had any disks unmount since changing this. I will have a better search to confirm the process I followed (should definitely bookmarked it for future reference).

• suddenly all my data is gone hdd need to reformat.. can not read it any more.. my orico is 9558RU3,, any one has same problem..

try with all kind of raid and without any raid,, same result

• super old thread, but I came across this in my searches, and finally found a fix for this issue by following this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Basically, Jmicron, which makes the chip in this and other HDD enclosures has a tool you can use to reconfigure the firmware called "JMMassProd2", I followed the steps in the video and while at first it didn't work, after physically turning off the enclosure and back on, its been working fine sense.

Unfortunately, the link in that video description no longer works, I was able to find the tool by searching around though I'm not 100% confident what I downloaded wasn't malware so ymmv

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!