Scheduled jobs email notification

• I would like to ask, that if setting the send email notification with the command output is meant to be sent on every execution if only if there is an error.

I am interested in using the RSync and antivirus jobs and I would like to get an email only if there is a problem in copying or a malware detected.

Obviously the mail notification has been setup and working perfectly.

• Cron will always send an email if the executed command sends output to STDOUT. This means RSync and antivirus jobs will send an email on every ru

Thanks.... I though so.... but there is also that option regarding "be quiet" and also on email it says "if any output" and I though that I could make them work together the way I wanted (get a notification only when there is a problem). It seems though that the first option is only for the output on the screen..... I was not sure though... cause I was running the job manually and I got no email (probably due to cron permission). Now it is cleared and verified.

• Cron will always send an email if the executed command sends output to STDOUT. This means RSync and antivirus jobs will send an email on every run.

Hi,

By mistake I found out that what you are saying is not 100% correct. In fact at least RSync works the way I want to.

So on my second OMV server, I have set RSync job with options to send email and to suppress non-error messages. After setting this up, I got no email... until yesterday.

After some test (for something else) there was a file with attribute +i left on my destination folder, which did not exists on the source.

RSync tried to delete the file and I got an error message email!

If I run the job manually I get the errors on the Web GUI, but no email.

I consequently configure the job to run every few minutes and I was always getting an error email every single time.

To be sure, I formatted the destination partition and tried again. No errors thus no emails emails. I recreated the +i file and immediately I got an email with the error.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!