APC smart 1500 battery

• Hi all random question. Has anyone ever done a day replacement battery for the APC smart 1500 ups? just brought mine to my new home and the battery has reported its failed.

Have checked it with the multimeter and one of the two batterys that make the cartridge is reporting 7v and the other 13v.

To get a new genuine replacement is £149 or eBay sell oem battery's you stick together to make a cartridge for £50. My dads a mechanic so should be able to get the batteries that make the cartridge hopefully less then what I'd get them for on ebay.

But would you recommend not doing this or is it safe enough.

I want to get the ups working again or get another has have had a lot of power outages latly and would rather my server shut down safely.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you have one bad cell but I wouldn't mix new and old. There is nothing special about the batteries in a UPS other than being sealed (important) and size. There are plenty of generic equivalents out there.

I used to think APC is was the best. I have four CyberPower CP1350 and CP1500s on systems and they are great units that cost about the same as the replacement batteries for an APC.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Do the cyber powers have the communication with the server?

I've allways been led to belive apc are the best had a few issues with them at work recently one of the apc 6000 units batteries vented.

I planed to get two new ones and not to mix them. Will see how much some oem ones cost.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• Thanks for the replys it seams you guys would be willing to do a DIY replacement so will look at doing my own.

From what I can tell the cartridge is 2 x 12v 18 amp battery's

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• Best to buy from a place the sells UPS batteries. Very easy to get APC replacement batteries and they are just as good as the originals and at half the price.

• Zitat von "Cpoc"

Best to buy from a place the sells UPS batteries. Very easy to get APC replacement batteries and they are just as good as the originals and at half the price.

Any suggestions

I still haven't got a replacement. I contacted one company that offered me yuasa batteries at £34.25 each with £12.30 delivery or a premade replacement for £82.67 with £12.30 delivery

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• I just ordered 4 batteries premade for $200 and $25 to ship. I kept my old cables and fuse. APC is one one the best UPS but not the new ones with Microlink. I have one that's about 10 years old and it's going to be on its 3rd set of batteries.

• Zitat von "Cpoc"

I just ordered 4 batteries premade for $200 and $25 to ship. I kept my old cables and fuse. APC is one one the best UPS but not the new ones with Microlink. I have one that's about 10 years old and it's going to be on its 3rd set of batteries.

The one I have is about five years old this will be its first replacment still on originals.

What brand of battery's did you get there's a few people on eBay selling the battery's buy not sure what brand of batteries to get.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• When I got my UPS it was used. Its a big one the 2200 Net I believe I would have to look at the label again. The batteries were basically dead. It last me about a year. So this is my second set in about 10 years. On average UPS batteries last about 3 to 5 years.

• I bought it real cheap. It was from a company that was going out of business and was clearing all their IT stuff. I bought the UPS for $100.00 it was worth 10 times that about new. It works perfectly with apcupsd as its uses serial to connect to server. I have it connected to my main firewall and to OMV. My main firewall is running pfsense with the new apcupsd plugin.

• Cool well luckly I dident pay anything for this once I get the batteries sorted It will connect via USB to omv, in theory it should last quite some time if it switches over.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• abit of the original topic,

ive got the battery's set up now in the ups planning to start pluging devices in this weekend and put the usb cable into the omv server to moitor etc. is there a way to get the same functionality like you get when pluggin into a windows machine ie silence the alarm, run selftest, calibrations

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!