Update between 10.08.20 and 16.08.2020 breaks mariadb docker

• Some Update between the 10.08.20 and the 16.08.2020 breaks linuxserver/mariadb

I restart my server every Tuesday morning and after last restart MariaDB stoppt working.

The only things I did during that time was update omv and add/remove some nextcloud apps (running with this DB).

Nextcloud should not be the problem as it only uses the DB.

Anyone got any ideas, wat could cause this.

MariaDB output (Last two lines are looped infinitely):

Relevant Update History

• Update

When creating a completely new docker with the same docker run command i get this error.

Code
    2020-08-20 12:34:30 0 [ERROR] mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/mysql-first-time.sql' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")
    2020-08-20 12:34:30 0 [ERROR] Aborting

The Docker folder and config/appdata directory is on a share. (raid with mirror)

Did the last update maybe set some rights like the noexec that causes problems with plex and openvpn-as?

I really need this server back up, as I and some of my family use the server regularely.

• SOLVED

Seems that there were some transactions that were not properly closed on last shutdown.

I got this message after I imported the DB-Files into the official mariaDB docker image.

The fix was to start mysqld with the argument

Code
    --tc-heuristic-recover=ROLLBACK

After that everything got fixed and I could finally start to use everything again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!