cron jobs failing after 5.5.8-1 update - armbian-check-first-login.sh

• My cron jobs have started generating this error when they run:

/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-dbb98954-0865-4e9a-9c13-xxxxxxxxxxxxx: 20: /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

It seems to be triggering the script that runs on first login for the user, even though the user (root) has logged in previously.

I have tried deleting / recreating the cron jobs but that doesn't change anything.

The cron jobs run just fine when I start them manually.

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would think it would be safe to delete /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh and that should fix your issue. Line 20 references /usr/bin/psd (provided by the profile-sync-daemon package) that isn't on my systems.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I deleted /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh as suggested by ryecoaaron but the problem came back after updated to 5.5.9-1 and other dependent updates.

I spent some time tried to fix to the problem like adding usr/bin/psd but that didn't help.

The root cause of the problem is somewhere in the script used bash keyword/syntax that is not compatible with sh. (see difference between sh and bash).

I ran the script with /bin/sh and got the exact same error :

Code
    $ /bin/sh /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh
    /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh: 20: /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

But /bin/bash ran fine:

Code
    $ /bin/bash /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh
    $

So deleting /etc/profile.d/armbian-check-first-login.sh is only a temporally fix until a future update adds it back.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!