[Temp Fixed] possible bug in snmp config for SNMPv3

• Hi community,

Completed a fresh install of OMV5 ( 5.5.8-1) to upgrade from OMV4. All went well and I also installed the extras to activate the omv-snmp 5.0.1-1 plugin. I configured the plugin via the GUI to use snmp V3 with both authentication (MD5) and privacy (DES) activated. By doing so the system modifies the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file.

But with the generated file I was unable to retrieve info via the snmpwalk -v3 -u user -a MD5 -A "some phrase" -x DES -X "some phrase" myomvhost .1

Googling some info on the snmpd.conf, I found that perhaps one line (4) was missing providing access to the MyROGroup.. I modified the file by adding line 04, restarted the snmpd service and I could access my host and retrieve all info.

Code
    createUser <myuser> MD5 <somephrase> DES <somephrase>
    group MyROGroup usm <myuser>
    view all included .1 80
    access MyROGroup "" any noauth exact all none   none
    sysName <my OMV systyem name>
    sysLocation <my location>
    sysContact <my email address>

Could this be checked please..

All the best

• Hi Votdev,

Thanks for the clarification! I suppose the Devs are already aware of it as you proposed already some changes on the github? (cfr your last reference to OMV5) ....

Could we add this line as 'extra option' as a temporary fix ? ( I'll try)

• democles9308

Hat den Titel des Themas von „possible bug in snmp config for SNMPv3“ zu „[Temp Fixed] possible bug in snmp config for SNMPv3“ geändert.
  • I added the line 4 as extra option in the gui and this adds the line at the end of the file /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf. Perhaps not logical place but it works ;)

So I've put a Temp fix to the thread

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suppose the Devs are already aware of it as you proposed already some changes on the github?

Volker is the only dev. So, he is aware :)

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!