Blacklisting UAS for USB 3 in OMV 5.x?

• How can I blacklist UAS globally and exclusively for USB 3.0? I'm thinking the driver "hub" uses the same thing underneath as "uas" does.

In my new OMV 5 I've blacklisted a Seagate drive, and for that drive specifically, USB is working fine (but not the hub). I used this:

Code
    echo options usb-storage quirks=0bc2:331a:u | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist_uas_0bc2.conf
    update-initramfs -u

However, I'm confused on how to do the same for my 4-port USB hub. Can I blacklist 1d6b:0003 from below and expect the other USB ports (1.1/2.0) to work?

Code
    Bus 005 Device 003: ID 2109:0820 VIA Labs, Inc. 
    Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0bc2:331a Seagate RSS LLC 
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

/:  Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/2p, 5000M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 5000M <-- GOOD NOW
        |__ Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 5000M <-- BAD STILL

To clarify, the speeds are now good on the Seagate drive, but I'm still experience the resetting with drives on the hub, so that is what I'm aiming to fix. So, I'm thinking to just blacklist everything UAS related for all things related to USB 3.

• I don't know how to close or withdraw this post.

Apparently blacklisting all devices behind a hub cannot be done in a straightforward manner. So it's either each:device:u,... or compile with CONFIG_USB_UAS=n, so currently it seems best to stick with each and every device (it's a pita though).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!