My RockPro64 build

• The photos span some time but for your enjoyment..

I took an old tower PC case and removed the motherboard, then mounted my bits:

• Original ATX Power supply powering the disks
    • SBC is a RockPro64 + a 6 port SATA Controller in the PCIe slot
    • A PWM Fan controller with a temperature probe near the disks.
    • ATX power supply breakout board to power the SBC and the Fan controller
  • This is great!

Thank you for sharing. I've been interested in putting a NAS together with the RockPro64 board but based on my reading I have always been held back by my own confusion about a simple method for getting a proper fan control setup with the board.

Your setup is fascinating and I'd really like to know some more details if you are comfortable sharing.

• What PCIe card did you go with? (heard that there can be issues with some working and others not)
    • What PWM fan controller and breakout board did you get and how do they work with your setup?
    • Does your ATX power supply power the SBC, Fan Controller and HDDs? How did you work out everything you needed to connect it all together?

I imagine this was a pretty cost effective setup to put together :)

• ATX power supply

From an overall energy efficiency view an ATX power supply wouldn't be the best option most likely.

Would you mind to share energy consumption figures and the technical details of this power supply?

omv 5.6.21-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 6TB HDD formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!