W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw

• Hello everyone,

I installed the openmediavault_5.3.9-amd64.iso on a second, new device. Installation ok so far.

Then I did an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. That reports an error:

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.4.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw for module r8169

Trigger für ca-certificates (20200601~deb10u1) werden verarbeitet ...

Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs...

0 added, 0 removed; done.

I don't have /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw on the system.

If I want to do the apt-get upgrade again:

Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig

Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.

Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig

Paketaktualisierung (Upgrade) wird berechnet... Fertig

E: Konnte Sperre /var/cache/apt/archives/lock nicht bekommen - open (11: Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar)

E: Das Verzeichnis /var/cache/apt/archives/ kann nicht gesperrt werden.

Does anyone have any advice and is kind enough to help me?

Best Regards

Gerd

• Yeah if I remember correctly there is an issue with missing files in that firmware package. You must download this file by hand.

Code
    cd /lib/firmware/rtl_nic
    wget https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw
    update-initramfs -u -k all
  • Yeah if I remember correctly there is an issue with missing files in that firmware package. You must download this file by hand.

Code
    cd /lib/firmware/rtl_nic
    wget https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw
    update-initramfs -u -k all

I had the same problem. So finally got it working. ethtool shows speed 2500 Mpbs vroom vroom!

• fresh install here, used the three lines of code. Got the interface working, at 2500 Mbits/sec, but now it fills my screen and logs with pages and pages of this.

Do either of you see this error?

OMV7 on Beelink mini-PC i3-N305 32GB 500GB NVME 2TB Crucial SATA 2x2,5 intel NIC

• Llooks like another device that has driver / firmware issues and doesn't work with PCIe Active State Power Management. Added pcie_aspm=off to the grub config line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT, then ran update-grub to make it perminent, error is gone. Unfortunately this disables this power saving feature system wide :( Apparently since 5.5 there is ways to toggle these individually, but my google-fu has failed to find out how.

OMV7 on Beelink mini-PC i3-N305 32GB 500GB NVME 2TB Crucial SATA 2x2,5 intel NIC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!