OMV 6 Release

• I am hoping someone can help me here and also hoping I am in the right spot. I recently upgraded to OMV 6 mainly because I lost a drive in OMV 5 and didnt want to go through a new install 3 months from now. Anyway I went from OMV 4 right to OMV 6. I absolutely love the new interface. The main things I use OMV for is plex. I have installed it in docker and got that working. Also installed OpenVPN and Wetty. The only thing I am missing that I absolutely need is there is no mergefs or unionfile in the plugins in OMV 6. Since I have a backup in another location I do not raid my system but I have a ton of movies. I split my movies in 3 folders. Movies Watched, Movies to Watch and New Releases. In OMV 4 I had pooled 3 6TB drives together so I finish watching a movie I havent seen before I put it right in the movies watched folder. Already a long story but how can I do the same thing in OMV 6. Right now all the drives have different movies on them. Want to take the 3 6TB drives and put them all together again. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• there is no mergefs or unionfile in the plugins in OMV 6.

OMV 6 is still alpha. Here is my thread on porting plugins. omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think it might be better to just wait for the plugin. I am not sure how any of this works quite frankly. Sorry for not understanding this. Thanks for the help.

• First of all, big thanks for all the hard work to all people involved in this awesome project!

I understand OVM 6 will be ready when it's ready, and that's how it is. I am just wondering if there is going to be a direct upgrade path from 5.x to 6.x when it's final? I presume this on its own requires quite a bit of work, but I'm hopeful I'll not have to start from scratch...

• I am just wondering if there is going to be a direct upgrade path from 5.x to 6.x when it's final?

This thread documents the upgrade procedure between versions. If you continue as before, it looks like the upgrade procedure from OMV5 to OMV6 would be created. But no one will guarantee it.

Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

Tomorrow you will wish you had made a backup today !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!