Lost Raid. Now cant use drive.

• Hello.

OMV 4

I had a Raid1 array with two drives. The array just disappeared. No crash, no reboot nothing. Just vanished.

It had no data so I deleted the missing Raid. Started to make a new one but it would't work. Deleted that.

Decided to just use the drives. Set the first drive up no problems. But the second one is busy in the system somehow and wont get past the create file system.

I think it is still stuck in a half made array. I dont know where to look to delete that and release the drive. Anyone know the answer??

Thanks for any help.

• Not USB.

Drive in question is sdc1. Yes wiped the drive. then set up file system. OMV creates the file system but then stops with this error...

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mkfs -V -t ext4 -b 4096 -m 0 -E lazy_itable_init=0,lazy_journal_init=0 -O 64bit -L 'nas3' '/dev/sdc1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mke2fs 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018)
    /dev/sdc1 is apparently in use by the system;
    will not make a filesystem here! in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:672
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusEt...', '/tmp/bgoutputqP...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(688): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure), NULL, Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->create(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Thank for any help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!