One of my 4 raid drives is missing

• Offizieller Beitrag

The easiest way to post output from the cli is to use </> on the menu, easier to read.

First time I've seen a raid drive showing as missing under File System, I take it the raid is showing as clean/degraded in Raid Management.

I would suggest Storage -> Disks select the drive sda click wipe on the menu then short, this will wipe the drive, then: Raid Management -> Recover on the menu from the dialog select the drive sda click OK and the raid should resync.

• OK so I realized, for some reason it thinks that WD RED 2tb drive is no good. So I replaced it with a known good Toshiba 2tb. Tested the hell out of that WD drive and it comes up good every time ?!?!?! So now that my system took 24 hours to rebuild I see it has gone back to Portainer 1.24.X and my permissions are all screwed up ..... it has been such a pain in the @$$ lately that I have half a mind to start over and reinstall everything. Is there any way I can start over but keep all my users and passwords and folder structure information so I can make it all as it was before ? Is there a way to get a list of everything ? Can I save it somewhere ? THis way if I have to keep fighting with the software, at least I can start fresh this time with all of the Dockers and containers on on Portainer 2.0 cause right now it seems like there is a bunch of junk hanging around that is unseen but still causing problems ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

s there any way I can start over but keep all my users and passwords and folder structure information so I can make it all as it was before ?

No, if you want to start over the option is to take screen shots or manually writing down all that you want to keep.

So I replaced it with a known good Toshiba 2tb

How? how did you replace the WD, what was the procedure

• Well OMV dropped the drive out of the RAID ..... So I took OMV down (Shutdown) and replaced the drive.

Brought the system back up. Wiped the new Drive and added it to the Raid. It started rebuilding the raid and took about 24 hours to do so. This morning the replacement drive was in the raid and the system looked like it was normal. Saw my Shared folders and my Docker was up, however none of my containers were there. Not a big deal cause I saved all my stuff and can rebuild it. All my dat was on the drive however it looked like the permissions were all screwed up. I did a reset permissions and most of it is back. Looks like I may do some major cleanup on the folders since this was a learning experience.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It started rebuilding the raid and took about 24 hours to do so

Then you have another problem, this is way too long for that size drive.

Well OMV dropped the drive out of the RAID

Has nothing to do with OMV, this is related to mdadm, the fact that it 'dropped/removed' the drive, and with your statement from above suggests a possible underlying hardware issue.

• Yeah that is what I was afraid of, the one SATA port might be bad ..... I am not sure but I believe that sata port caused a drive problem once before. Looks like I may have to get more in-depth with this problem. This is an old motherboard I resurrected for my backup server. :( May have to just go and get a new sata controller and use that instead of the on-board motherboard controller

• OK (as it says Beginner) Just an update for some background. Looks like in order to have a boot drive and 4 raid drives I did something unwise and put the last of the 4 raid drives on a different SATA controller. That seems to be the drive that falls out all the time. Thanks to Amazon, I have an 8 port sata card coming today. Will see how that works out.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!