Can not remove "disk" from file system

• I had an external HDD drive plugged into my OMV RPi3 install. It was an older guy and I just wanted to use it to get data off and moved over to some SSDs.

Anyway after the data transfer I removed it and formatted it.

I can not for the life of me get it out of the "file System" area. See attached screen shot. It is not being referenced anywhere and does not show up under Disks. Its only Under file system and I try to "delete" it but it doesnt go away.

In maybe a related problem I also can not see disk stats anymore. I have been digging around for an answer but havent been able to find a solution.

Please help.

Talking about the top disk "lilorange" that is showing as "missing"

• You are probably going to have to manually remove it from the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file.

Make a backup copy of the file, and a backup of the OMV system disk. Skip these steps at your own risk.

As the root user edit the file and navigate to the <fstab> section.

Find and delete the entire <mntent>.......</mntent> stanza in this section related to the named filesystem.

DO NOT MAKE any mistakes or other edits in this file and do not leave any blank lines behind. If you damage the file and can not recover using the backup copy your OMV is probably toast.

After making the edit run this command as root:

omv-salt deploy run fstab

Examine the /etc/fstab file to verify there is no longer a related mount point.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you!

Perfect instructions. I was very close. I had removed it from <mntent> but was getting an error.

The:

After making the edit run this command as root:

omv-salt deploy run fstab

Examine the /etc/fstab file to verify there is no longer a related mount point.

was the part that I was missing.

Thank you for a quick response

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!