Web Interface for upload/download

• I know this is not within the purview of the OMV project, but I was hoping there was a plug in or something, but there is not.

I have a reverse proxy set up with OMV. I can securely access the OMV web console remotely. I am hoping/looking for a way that I could grab a file or even upload some files via a web interface. Like a webdav type interface.

Does anyone have anything like this set up? if so how?

I could use symlinks to the reverse proxy and than add a

autoindex on;

to it...but i am hoping for a more integrated way of making this happen.

anyone have any input?

Thank you all:!:

• Offizieller Beitrag

The downloader plugin allows you to upload files but not download. Why not use ssh/scp and a frontend like WinSCP? You could install webdav via docker too.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not using docker. I got it all running on a R Pi.

docker works well on an RPi.

inscp is not a solution for me I would like a webpage

I am just suggesting things that exist. What you want doesn't exist.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Take a look at Droppy:

Droppy - Self Hosted File Storage Server

I have installed it on Docker / Portainer (help available if needed) but other options are possible

Features

• Responsive, scalable HTML5 interface
    • Realtime updates of file system changes
    • Directory and Multi-File upload
    • Drag-and-Drop support
    • Clipboard support to create image/text files
    • Side-by-Side mode
    • Simple and fast Search
    • Shareable public download links
    • Zip download of directories
    • Powerful text editor with themes and broad language support
    • Image and video gallery with touch support
    • Audio player with seeking support
    • Fullscreen support for editor and gallery
    • Supports installing to the homescreen
    • Docker images available for x86-64, ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv8
  • docker works well on an RPi.

I am just suggesting things that exist. What you want doesn't exist.

Im aware of other ways to accomplish the same goal. Thats why I clearly stated that I was looking for a way to do it with a webpage. Based on some of these other responses im not totally sure it doesn't exist, but that is why I came here to ask.

• Take a look at Droppy:

Droppy - Self Hosted File Storage Server

I have installed it on Docker / Portainer (help available if needed) but other options are possible

Features

• Responsive, scalable HTML5 interface
    • Realtime updates of file system changes
    • Directory and Multi-File upload
    • Drag-and-Drop support
    • Clipboard support to create image/text files
    • Side-by-Side mode
    • Simple and fast Search
    • Shareable public download links
    • Zip download of directories
    • Powerful text editor with themes and broad language support
    • Image and video gallery with touch support
    • Audio player with seeking support
    • Fullscreen support for editor and gallery
    • Supports installing to the homescreen
    • Docker images available for x86-64, ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv8

Wow this might be to opposite... a bit over overkill...but I like it. Im going to start looking into this now. Something like this is exactly what I was looking for.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Im aware of other ways to accomplish the same goal. Thats why I clearly stated that I was looking for a way to do it with a webpage. Based on some of these other responses im not totally sure it doesn't exist, but that is why I came here to ask.

Actually you said webdav type interface. And my suggestion was half being able to upload from the omv web interface (a web page) and half running webdav in docker which is exactly what you asked for. droppy, filebrowser, and directorylister are all web pages as well. If you don't know how docker works, then don't assume what we are suggesting is wrong.

• I never said I dont know how docker works. I said im not running it.

You extracted two statements separated by a period (I am not running docker. I have it all running on a R Pi.)

and combined them into meaning what you wanted.

Thank you Mr. Mod but my original question was as clear as it could be and you have been no help at all. Sorry your feels are hurt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you Mr. Mod but my original question was as clear as it could be and you have been no help at all. Sorry your feels are hurt.

My feelings are by no means hurt. Do whatever you want with your system. What I was suggesting is the recommended way of running a web page. We do not recommend adding web pages to OMV's web server. Using docker is the best way to do that. Sorry my suggestions suck but you were really asking non-OMV questions if you weren't going to even entertain the suggestions. I will stop not helping you now.

• I'm sure whatever you're using is fine, but make sure that whatever you use keeps/gives proper permissions. I've never worried about this as what I've used is for Arduino, but I did notice that by default on a proper desktop, all files uploaded belong to which ever user the webserver was (logically).

It's rare, but some countries (ie. India) have text encodings that can be unexpectedly tricky, which normally isn't a problem, but since this text could be a filename... something to think about at least.

Lastly, always make sure that you don't already have URL support for sftp:// (I'd even take FTP over any HTTP).

• I'm sure whatever you're using is fine, but make sure that whatever you use keeps/gives proper permissions. I've never worried about this as what I've used is for Arduino, but I did notice that by default on a proper desktop, all files uploaded belong to which ever user the webserver was (logically).

It's rare, but some countries (ie. India) have text encodings that can be unexpectedly tricky, which normally isn't a problem, but since this text could be a filename... something to think about at least.

Lastly, always make sure that you don't already have URL support for sftp:// (I'd even take FTP over any HTTP).

Thanks for the post. Solid advice here.

• Wow this might be to opposite... a bit over overkill...but I like it. Im going to start looking into this now. Something like this is exactly what I was looking for.

I use it only (mostly) to send URLs to friends and family to help them download a file .....

I also use it for my own usage as a web clipboard.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!