Drive can not mount !?

• After OMV on R Pi 4 update today I lost my drive, this could be a coincident, but felt odd.

Restored my Pi SD card to the 2 days old backup - no change, drive is missing and can't mount.

Unplugged the drive, connected to an ubutnu laptop - dead!

Then I did several iterations - create new partition table, new partition, format to ext4 and ntft etc, trying to find out if the drive is actually bad.

Quick wipe via OMV wont work, errors!

No matter what I did - it can't mount in OMV, shows errors (like this "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/OLDDRIVE")

That would be the end of it, but it won't mount ONLY with OMV, connected to Windows 10 or Ubuntu boxes it works fine !

I decided to cheat, connected it to the ubuntu server and then tried to add a remote share via OMV and it won't mount see errors https://pastebin.com/B068vnG9

I would find my peace with this drive if did not see it's working fine everywhere except OMV?!

Any clues appreciated !

Thx

• macom and it does mount fine on a new omv vm install.

So the question now is WTH ? What made my (and I know for fact other users too) OMV NAS become unable to mount a drive and (less likely to find an answer to) - why was it corrupted in the first place?

• What do you see when you say

ls -l /dev/sd*

? Try to match the physically available sd<x> disks with the things OMV sees. OMV will never show the system partition by the way.

The /dev/sd<x> might not appear immediately if you try hotplugging the disk but you better shouldn't hotplug anything. If hotplugging is allowed by your motherboard and disk, you can try to make the system rescan the PCI or whatever system that is with

https://geekpeek.net/rescan-scsi-bus-on-linux-system/

Then all /dev/sd<x> should appear, if not the HD might be broken. Try on a different system.

• This is the problem. The drive won't connect on one omv NAS but would on Windows and Ubuntu !

• I lost my external HDD Thursday also. I did the update to Portainer and lost connection to the drive. Windows found it and so did Ubuntu, but only got error# 0 whenever I tried on OMV. OMV GUI showed the drive unmounted but would only get an error saying it was busy or mounted when I tried to mount manually. Reinstalled OMV, it saw the drive, wiped the drive and let me mount it. Installed Docker and the drive unmounted and showed the same error. Installed OMV on new SD card and did not do updates or install docker, used a brand new external HDD and drive was able to wipe and load shared folders . Did a restart and drive disappeared from disks and will not show on scan. Never had a problem till this happened.

• I do get monitoring emails like:

Service: filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-id-usb-TO_Exter_nal_USB_3.0_Z3100KLB-0-0

Event: Does not exist

Description: unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-TO_Exter_nal_USB_3.0_Z3100KLB-0-0' state

what does "unable to read ... state" mean ?

• I'm also experiencing this. Since I updated a couple of days ago.

The syslog is full of

Sep 24 19:33:12 raspberrypi monit[1367]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Media' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media' state

Sep 24 19:33:12 raspberrypi monit[1367]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Media' trying to restart

Sep 24 19:33:12 raspberrypi monit[1367]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Media' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media is not a mountpoint

• I't does see the drive in OMV, but when i press mount it gives this error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-id/usb-SanDisk_SD8SB8U-128G_173071424942-0:0' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /dev/disk/by-id/usb-SanDisk_SD8SB8U-128G_173071424942-0:0: can't find mount source /dev/disk/by-id/usb-SanDisk_SD8SB8U-128G_173071424942-0:0 in /etc/fstab.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!