Can't access NAS HDD since OMV restart

• Hello,

OpenMediaVault automatically restart once a week (on Sundays) on my Rpi4 with a WD 8To.

Today, after restarted I can't access my HDD. It is not mounted anymore, and when I want to mount the HDD manually I've got this :

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi: ---------- ID: quota_check_create_files_ Function: cmd.run Name: quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_Generic_0123456789ABCDEF-0:0-part1 Result: False Comment: Command "quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_Generic_0123456789ABCDEF-0:0-part1" run Started: 09:59:40.195178 Duration: 31.839 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 3608 retcode: 2 stderr: quotacheck: Cannot stat() given mountpoint /dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_Generic_0123456789ABCDEF-0:0-part1: No such file or directory Skipping... quotacheck: No correct mountpoint specified. quotacheck: Cannot initialize mountpoint scan. stdout: ---------- ID: disable_quota_service Function: service.disabled Name: quota Result: True Comment: Service quota is already disabled, and is in the desired state Started: 09:59:40.276134 Duration: 105.062 ms Changes: Summary for raspberrypi ------------ Succeeded: 1 (changed=1) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 2 Total run time: 136.901 ms

erreur #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi:
    ---------- ID: quota_check_create_files_ Function: cmd.run Name: quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_Generic_0123456789ABCDEF-0:0-part1 Result: False Comment: Command "quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_Generic_0123456789ABCDEF-0:0-part1" run Started: 09:59:40.195178 Duration: 31.839 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 3608 retcode: 2 stderr: quotacheck: Cannot stat() given mountpoint /dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_Generic_0123456789ABCDEF-0:0-part1: No such file or directory Skipping... quotacheck: No correct mountpoint specified. quotacheck: Cannot initialize mountpoint scan. stdout:
    ---------- ID: disable_quota_service Function: service.disabled Name: quota Result: True Comment: Service quota is already disabled, and is in the desired state Started: 09:59:40.276134 Duration: 105.062 ms Changes:

Summary for raspberrypi
    ------------
    Succeeded: 1 (changed=1)
    Failed: 1
    ------------
    Total states run: 2
    Total run time: 136.901 ms in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus9R...', '/tmp/bgoutput0S...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

Is somebody could help me please? ;(;(;(

Thanx in advance.

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• Hello,

I plug it on a Ubuntu PC and it works, all my files are still on it!

In the syslog of OMV I've got this :

What can I do now?? ;(

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RoiBurgonde ()

• With OMV5 I had an issue, that was solved when I changed the HDD disk name, (link), but seems that this is not your situation.

First of all, if you have another mSD, you can try a new fresh installation before change or manage something that is not under your (our) knowledge.

For me, it is the best option when I find a big issue, or something is corrupted.

• Hi,

I tried your solution, I installed OMV on anthother mSD. It works! But now my HDD sleeps after few minutes of inactivity. The setup (128) doesn't work for that... ||

Do I need to reinstall OMV again?

• In Smart Options, you can manage the activity of your HDDs.

In my opinion, is good that the HDD sleeps when no activity is on it. Think that a HDD has mechanical parts that have a limited lifetime.

Also, the temperature is high if always it is in active mode, and when the HDD sleeps, the temperature decrease.

My 8Tb WD, has the option as auto sleep by itself, and the smart option is not active in my OMV.

• Ok, thanx for your answer.

It is difficult for me to know if I can let the HDD sleeping or let it always in activity.

Some people say to let it always in activity. They say that it is not good for the HDD to wake up often.

Other people say the opposite.

So I really wonder what is the good option...

• If the HHDs temperature is fine, and the mechanical elements are working properly, the lifetime of the HDD will be longer.

Google a little and fins any information about your HDD, and the best temperature.

I put a small fan over my 8Tb WD Elements, and the temperature goes down from 53ºC to 42ºC when it was working doing long data transfer.

(+info LINK)

Hard Disk Temperature

Less than 25°C:

Too cold

25°C to 40°C:

Ideal

41°C to 50°C:

Acceptable

More than 50°C:

Too hot

In Smart Options, and Devices TAB, you will be able to see the actual temperature of your HDDs, if no temperature appears, it means the the HDD is in sleep mode since long time. You only need to open a file or something, and update the page and the temperature will appear.

• Ok i understand what you say.

But I'm using nextcloud in OMV via Docker. So I need my HDD to keep activity... I think I'll open a new thread in another section of the forum for that. Thank you for all your help.

• RoiBurgonde

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!