Nextcloud - Letsencrypt issue

• Hi,

So i have been following the Techdad video on installing nextcloud with Letsencrypt. I think Nextcloud is running anyway i keep getting this error on Letsencrpt

nginx: [emerg] "proxy_max_temp_file_size" directive invalid value in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf:33

Can anyone help?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• In the mentioned file change the file size in line 33 to 1024m

Please could you explain that in simple speak please

• under /srv/dev-disk-by-Label-something/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs use a text editor like nano to open nextcloud.subdomain.conf and change proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m to proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m

Afterwards restart the letsencrypt container

• under /srv/dev-disk-by-Label-something/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs use a text editor like nano to open nextcloud.subdomain.conf and change proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m to proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m

Afterwards restart the letsencrypt container

Hi, Thank you i had to reinstall the container this morning along with Nextcloud and Mariadb (got annoyed and uninstalled all of it) but while i was installing letencrypt i got a message saying it had depricated and to use linuxserver swag which i did and applied what you said and from looking at the logs i can see it is running but when i tpye my address i am greeted with this

and im not sure what this related too, below is a screenshot of nextcloud and attached are both the logs for SWAG & Mariadb

Next cloud:

Can you help with this? please

• Those logs all look fine!

The error message means, that the swag container does not correctly forward your request to the Nextcloud container. Can you show your nextcloud.subdomain.conf ?

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud

# assuming this container is called "swag", edit your nextcloud container's config

# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":

# 'trusted_proxies' => ['swag'],

# 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',

# 'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',

# 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

#

# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:

# array (

# 0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.

# 1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',

# ),

server {

listen 443 ssl;

listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;

resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;

set $upstream_app nextcloud;

set $upstream_port 443;

set $upstream_proto https;

proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m;

}

}

• Those logs all look fine!

The error message means, that the swag container does not correctly forward your request to the Nextcloud container. Can you show your nextcloud.subdomain.conf ?

So i made a back up of the ncloud78.duckdns.org and modded a few lines removed the "#" and added in the DNS but now im getting this error

but line 15 doesnt not have trusted_proxies

Should i add it and how? or just restore the back up?

• I would advise you start over and use this guide [How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

Thank you for your help i have got it up and running now (i think) i need to create a new post as a new issue has come up with external storage. there has to be an easier alternative to nextcloud. All i want a is to be able to securely sync photos from my phone (like dropbox and Onecloud)

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hi - I used the

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

and ran into the same problem as above. The containers start but wheni type in my URL I end up here.

17063-pasted-from-clipboard-png

When I type my URL/nextcloud I end up on a webpage that shows this error:

Code
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the webserver log.

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MarcS ()

• [services.d] starting services

[services.d] done.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getLogger() on null in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php:162

Stack trace:

#0 {main}

thrown in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php on line 162

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• ok - I had a typo in the PGID. Thank you for pointing me in that direction. The Nextcloud logfile is now clear but I am still ending up at the same web page error message.

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!