Nextcloud - Letsencrypt issue

• I dont have a RPi4 around to test it. But I tried it on my Odroid HC2 (armhf). It worked without any issues.

My user is called "docker". UID 1000 GID 100. (I did not set up letsencrypt/swag).

• As you can see I exposed port 450(443) of the nextcloud container on my host. But this is just a test setup. When you access the setup page through your swag/letsencrypt container it will aumatically put the right variables in the config.php of nextcloud.

Code
    ports: # uncomment this and the next line if you want to bypass the proxy
    - 450:443

PS: some more info

Code
    $: ls -la /srv/dev-disk-by-label-backup/appdata/
    total 16
    drwxrwsrwx 1 root users 40 Nov 22 18:13 .
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 88 Nov 22 17:13 ..
    drwxr-sr-x 1 docker users 20 Nov 22 18:13 nextcloud
    drwxr-sr-x 1 docker users 44 Nov 22 18:13 nextclouddb
  • my user docker1 has his own group. Is that an issue?

root@pi3:/srv/efca6135-103c-48ee-825f-f67b5b48e322/appdata# ls -all

total 20

drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Nov 22 19:57 .

drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Nov 22 12:37 ..

drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 22 19:57 nextcloud

drwxr-xr-x 4 docker1 docker1 4096 Nov 22 19:51 nextclouddb

drwxr-xr-x 12 docker1 docker1 4096 Nov 22 12:38 swag

• my user docker1 has his own group. Is that an issue?

No,I don’t think so...

The name of your disk indicates that it is a mergerfs volume? I never tried, but heard there might be issues when storing docker config files on a mergerfs volume. You might give it a try and use a specific disk as the target for the docker config folders

• Hello Morlan - I think your tip with mergerfs was brilliant. I changed the Docker path as you suggested. (I would have never thought that this has an impact)

I then re-ran the containers and when accessing Nextcloud via internal ip, I got errors about wrong password which I did fix. But it showed, that for the first time Nextcloud was connecting to MariaDB. After fixing the password, Nexcloud went into a 30sec delay and a new error appeared. This time its an nginx timeout page (below) but I do think I am 1 step closer. Do you know what might be going on here?

• I AM IN!!!

You genius! thank you so much for your help.

I want to write this issue into a mergerfs and a Docker README file. We should document this as this is one of those things that I would have never ever thought of. I had amended all the disk paths inside the docker-compose.YML but never thought that it would impacet Docker in such a strange way. Docker did not throw an error any time before that. Isn't that strange.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!