[SOLVED] Hair pulling 😖🤯 Frustrating --> Raspberry Pi --> OpenMediaVault -->WiFi (WiFi stops working)

• SOLVED!!!

I can't believe the amount of time I have put into this. Maybe this is why I became a developer. Sometimes I think I should have been a detective. When there is a mystery I can't let it go. I have to find the answer. The countless hours that I have put into this. I don't even want to think about the number of times I have flash OMV, the number of SD cards I have tried, resetting my router multiple times, changing DNS servers, trying just IPV4 or IPV6. But, I finally remembered how I did it the very first time. And that was the answer to solving this problem.

To recap. No matter what I did I couldn't get OpenMediaVault to install and work with WiFi. Or it would give me errors installing. But that's all the farther I went. I would stop there and re-install...And the process would repeat.

Yesterday was different. I've been working with Django and loving it. So much better than WordPress (legal disclaimer: in my opinion 😁). I wanted to set up OMV and use Docker/Portainer with OMV. OMV makes it super easy to use Docker. I got some 3M command hooks and was just going to stick the Rasp next to the router and use Cat5. I had trouble installing OMV. Even with CAT-5. I would receive the error while installing that some packages could not be installed. It would stop and prompt me to try running apt update --fix-missing. Sometimes that worked. Sometimes I would have to try multiple times. Reboot the Rasp. Try again. Frustrating to say the least 🤯🤬

I would finally get Docker and Portainer installed. But, I was downloading images on Portainer and I would receive DNS errors. Which was the light bulb in my head that went off💡. I remembered that I had received DNS errors before. I did a search and I immediately found the article that I had the first time I installed OMV.

The default mirror: http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free rpi

was causing all the problems. I have no idea why and at this point I really don't care.

I switched to a new mirror repository.

http://mirrors.syringanetworks.net/raspbian/raspbian/

And, everything works perfectly. WiFi works, Docker works, Portainer is able to download images.

If anyone else seems to have this problem these are the steps I did to make my OMV setup work with Rasp.

Now, depending on when your reading this you may not be on Buster (Raspberry OS version) which just happens to be the name of my dog. The yellow in my avatar. Just thought I throw that out there. You may have to change to the current version.

Here is the list of Rasp mirrors: https://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianMirrors

Good luck!

🏔Salida CO UTC-6 (Mountain, outdoor, and animal lover)

Python developer, web developer (php, MySQL, WordPress), pilot, and teacher 👨‍🏫.

Amateur Extra, amateur radio (ham radio) - K0BCJ

* Please excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes I was born with severe dyslexia.

• wildernessfamily

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Hair pulling 😖🤯 Frustrating --> Raspberry Pi --> OpenMediaVault -->WiFi (WiFi stops working)“ zu „[SOLVED] Hair pulling 😖🤯 Frustrating --> Raspberry Pi --> OpenMediaVault -->WiFi (WiFi stops working)“ geändert.
  • votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • WIFI in the end I have a good result :):) But how hard!!!:(:(

P.S Even when I use imager with all ssh & wifi & passwords details plugged in I have to use RASPI-CONFIG for the the keyboard has no $$$$$ signs .. Using pi 4b 4g pi os buster to ssh into pi 3b ,7nch pi screen ,pi os lite buster....

RASPI-CONFIG is not the problem update && upgrade not the problem...

Had the same issue wifi magically disappears after installing OpenMediaVault. Do a reboot no go shine !!!:(:(

I have no choice I have to connect by wifi !!!! 4 tries no joy... Take it to the other end of the house plug a cable in no wifi and no ethonet ..

Even brand new pi os lite wifi and ethe0 plugged in and working and ssh in from other end of the house.. :(:(

RESULT still no wifi can setup drives when connected by ssh to eth0.. But I can't use it where I need too !!!!:(:(

:):):)                                                                                                                                                       :):):)

This how I got up and running and working... ((((( Wifi working beging to end.... )))))) Wifi only!!!!!

Hole installation done on wifi.... SSH working and usable... ((( DON'T USE SSH ))))

2 things I did differently.. 1/ (((( -n )))) sudo bash ./install -n <<<<

===================

2/ Do it all on wifi. But old school like the experts . No ssh and no copy and paste & TYPE IT ALL

sudo bash ./install -n ===================

When setup is done and your back at the promt check for wifi ip a .... I was still on same ip address but port 80 ==== Log in to OpenMediaVault and change your password .. If you can do this.... Try a reboot and if you still have wifi the world is a grand place...:):):):thumbup::thumbup:

I needed to do something like because I was using a usb 3 Edimax 1750 wifi dongle but had power issues when I need to plug my ssd dive with how to files on it .... Edimax 1750 great consistant internet but sucks to much power... The better dongle is usb 2 only TP Link Archer T2U 600ac stunning youtube performance .. Also have a Wavelink dongle with the same chip set but it just not the same beast ...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Both the TP-link & Wavelink dongles are plug and play ie: drivers are in the kernal pi os and Ubuntu :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: =============== ====================================

Far too much effort needed to get a result here ..:):) WIFI is a thing now.!!! I have 2 raspberry pi's and a Rizen 3600 connected to ONE TV hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi4 at the same time all wifi to the other end of the house Some one needs to go over the setup routeen..

I was following this link in the end just added ((( -n )))) sudo bash ./install -n

https://linuxhint.com/raspberry_pi_open_media_vault/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!