Docker container of debian

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sure. here is a Dockerfile that I use:

Build it with

docker build -t adb .

Then I interact with adb with:

docker run -it -v /srv/adb:/misc --net=host adb

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I do this in portainer?

What are you trying to do with the image? An empty Debian container won't do anything. I use adb in mine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• What are you trying to do with the image? An empty Debian container won't do anything. I use adb in mine.

I guess if I need a service I can install adb. Basically I wanted to test random things under a debian system without needing to standup a full one ie bash scripting or firewall testing etc.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem with your idea is that the container is very, very minimal. There is no firewall and some/most of the things you might call from your script won't be installed. I think a VM would be a better fit for your firewall testing. Maybe you could install all of the packages needed to test your scripting but the VM would be easier especially if you were expecting systemd to be there.

• The problem with your idea is that the container is very, very minimal. There is no firewall and some/most of the things you might call from your script won't be installed. I think a VM would be a better fit for your firewall testing. Maybe you could install all of the packages needed to test your scripting but the VM would be easier especially if you were expecting systemd to be there.

Thanks. As I said I am a noob to docker so I am still learning what is possible.

What led me down this path of ideas was my pihole docker container. When I installed it as pihole:latest it automatically pulled an image running on stretch. Within the container console (via portainer > console) I was able to "upgrade" the container to buster. Only after that did I find the pihole:dev-buster image and just used that as a container.

But I think I will toss this idea off for now. Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!