problems with external hard disk

• Hello for now,

I am new here :)

I have no problem with OMV per se, but I need help with an external hard disk.

I have mounted the hard disk and created a folder which I have shared via smb afterwards. In this folder I put files.

Yesterday evening the Pi4 with OMV did not start anymore. I removed the hard disk and plugged it into my PC, but it is not mountable / readable under Windows (which is probably due to the file system (ext4)). Under Ubuntu the disk is shown to me as empty.

I have reinstalled OMV and the disk could be mounted without any problems. According to OMV, 200GB are occupied by the 2TB, which is the amount of files stored. But the files are not shown here either, according to the "ls -l" command the disk is empty.

Thank you very much for your help.

• External disks are mounted in /srv/<some disk-id>. Maybe you can find your data there.

Otherwise you could connect the disk to your Windows PC and boot any Linux live distribution to access your ext4 formatted disk.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Try ls -lisa to include sub folders.

Edit: Sorry, subfolders are included with -R

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• these are the results:

It seems there are no files and folders on this disk.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• It seems there are no files and folders on this disk.

Or there is no disk mounted there.

Or the user doing the ls has no permission to read.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I lost my external on my RPI4 w/OMV5 and as of right now it did mount, but shared folders do not show. Running ls -lisa -R it shows all my files in /.lost-found/ . It seems RPI users are having a missing external HDD problem lately. It does the same thing on my RPI3 /OMV4.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!