problems with web interface

• I remain having this problem even after trying everything I have looked up on the internet.

Output of dpkg -l | grep openm after omv-aptclean:

I have tried everything listed here in combination with rebooting:

• Reloading/reinstalling nginx
    • Clearing the web control cache multiple times (as much as I did the omv-aptclean)
    • sudo chown -R openmediavault-webgui:openmediavault-webgui /var/cache/openmediavault
    • Letting the cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json regenerate multiple times
    • changing the cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json into cache.omv (folder) > controlpanel (folder) > login_js.json
    • renaming cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json to login_js.json
    • Downloading someone elses cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json and install it
    • Changing my problem from
    Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

to

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to open file (filename=/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json, mode=w+). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(182): OMV\Json\File->open('w+')
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #2 {main}

and tried multiple possible solutions.

Note:

This error came after I did omv-aptclean. I did the command because there was a login loop.

Each time when I delete the cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json, the login page shows the way it always has been. But once I try to log in, it gives the error again.

After I did the sudo chown -R openmediavault-webgui:openmediavault-webgui /var/cache/openmediavault command, it magicly worked. I saw my plugins and noticed not all, that were supposed to be installed, were there. For example, nginx, which also couldn't be found in the extensions.

After about 2 days, the login loop came back and resulted into the same process as I explained here.

I hope everything you need to help me is given. If not, just ask. I'll answer pretty rapidly.

Thanks in advance for the help! I really appreciate it.;)

• You are replying in a thread that is almost four years old, about a version of OMV that is long ago no longer supported, and you haven't said what version of OMV you are running.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Moved this to a new thread.

You should think about moving to OMV 5.x since 4.x is EOL'd.

Did you try omv-firstaid or RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You should think about moving to OMV 5.x since 4.x is EOL'd.

I assume it will fix the error as well than?

If I would like to update, I could follow your steps.

Do I need flashmemory to be installed? I don't have that yet and I have no clue how I can install it.

sudo apt-get --yes install omv-extras-flashmemory does not seem to work. It cannot find the packet/plugin.

omv-extras should be installed by: sudo wget http://omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb

Followed by: sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb

And at last: sudo apt-get update

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume it will fix the error as well than?

Hopefully.

Do I need flashmemory to be installed?

No, it can wait until after the upgrade if your system is installed on flash.

mv-extras should be installed by:

If you are on OMV 4.x, that is correct. It isn't correct for OMV 5.x though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!