Portainer Alternative

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was more thinking of having it in the main Frame and the same style (CSS?)

I'm not a Dev but seriously doubt that will happen. I've found that there's far more to integration than meets the eye. The "plugin" approach defeats the entire purpose of a Docker which is to divorce the host from the app.

(But,, the Dev's can correct me if I'm wrong... :))

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was more thinking of having it in the main Frame and the same style (CSS?)

The only way to put it in the main frame is iframes - yuck. OMV actually disables that capability by default and it is nasty workaround. As for the style, I highly doubt Myth3k wants Yacht to look like OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As much as I like OMV I also like the style I've got going on. I can look into adding some env variables to enable theming soon if you really wanted to make it look like OMV (color wise).

BTW, Image, Network, and Volume managment are in Yacht now. I know MacVlan is important to you guys so if you have any recommendations please let me know or open an issue.

Author of Yacht

If you need help with it feel free to pm me here or on my discord.

DiscordDocker Hub Pulls

• As much as I like OMV I also like the style I've got going on. I can look into adding some env variables to enable theming soon if you really wanted to make it look like OMV (color wise).

BTW, Image, Network, and Volume managment are in Yacht now. I know MacVlan is important to you guys so if you have any recommendations please let me know or open an issue.

Fast work! A OMV theme would be nice. I think MacVlan wil take a long time to get working, but good luck!

• I'm having a bit of brain block using Yacht, would someone be able to help?

I like using docker-compose, it makes it really easy to update docker containers. In portainer I've found this straight forward using the stacks function.

However I would like to fully switch over to Yacht, I like that I get a graphical representation of resources on the login screen, as a home user I don't need the extra's portainer provides.

Back to docker-compose I've read through the instructions here, but I don't understand them.

I've already got all my containers setup, so do I just put a 'compose' folder in the config directory, can I just copy the text in 'stacks'?

Do I have to re-load yacht with the compose settings? How do I reload docker-compose? Must this be done from command line or can I trigger this from a graphical yacht interface?

Sorry feeling a bit dense on this one.

Also on the yacht update page, would it be possible to have an installed version / available version indication?

I'm not moaning, I think this is fantastic software, unfortunately my skills are lacking... :)

• The in browser editor for docker-compose is coming out this week. It's already in the devel branch so I'm waiting on hearing from some testers. You can see if there's an update available by going to server settings > update and it'll let you know if there's a newer version available.

Author of Yacht

If you need help with it feel free to pm me here or on my discord.

DiscordDocker Hub Pulls

• Hello. I'm new to docker on OMV. I've just set up a fresh server with proxmox kernel (installed through OMV-Extras) as I have a ZFS RAIDZ2 pool there. I also installed docker and tried to set up Yacht, both through OMV-Extras as well, just by pressing "+ Install" in the UI, first on docker (then server reboot, just in case) then on Yacht.. Unfortunately, I can't open Yacht UI, looks like it can't bind to the port. The container seems to be running:

Code
    root@nas-new:/home/reddy# docker ps
    CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                 COMMAND   CREATED         STATUS         PORTS                    NAMES
    09c68c7e634d   selfhostedpro/yacht   "/init"   7 minutes ago   Up 7 minutes   0.0.0.0:8001->8000/tcp   yacht

But I get repeating errors in the logs:

What do I do wrongly and how to set it up correctly?

• Have you changed the path where docker is installed via the GUI

Indeed I did. I put it on the ZFS pool: /tank/data/docker

And apparently it created the folder with root write permissions only:

Code
    reddy@nas-new:~$ ls -l /tank/data/
    total 790
    drwxrws---+   4 reddy  users   7 Feb  4 08:14 backups
    drwx--x--x   13 root   root   13 Feb  9 22:10 docker

Shall I change that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Indeed I did. I put it on the ZFS pool: /tank/data/docker

I tested this in a VM before installing on my server, discovered it requires the docker storage drive information here added to that it I was seeing other problems related to docker in the GUI under ZFS.

Needless to say with the 'actual' install docker resides on a separate ext4 drive.

• Thanks for the link. I might have misunderstood something, but I think my problem is related to network socket permissions, not the filesystem, right? Which is weird, as docker processes run from root account:

Code
    reddy@nas-new:~$ ps aux | grep dock
    root      2219  0.1  0.7 1244528 112760 ?      Ssl  Feb09   2:21 /usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --containerd=/run/containerd/containerd.sock
    reddy     8178  0.0  0.0   7928   892 pts/0    S+   22:20   0:00 grep dock
    root     10092  0.0  0.0 548820  3824 ?        Sl   Feb09   0:00 /usr/bin/docker-proxy -proto tcp -host-ip 0.0.0.0 -host-port 8001 -container-ip 172.17.0.2 -container-port 8000

Besides, ports 8000 and 8001 should be available for non-root users anyway...

Just in case, my current /etc/docker/daemon.json:

Code
    {
      "data-root": "/tank/data/docker"
    }

and docker info, which confirms I'm using ZFS storage driver already:

• Thanks for all your time!
    I actually did not install Portainer at all. i decided to try with Yacht first, that's why it's on its default port 8001.

And I took your advice and tested the same on VBox leaving all default docker paths unchanged, so /var/lib/docker (but it's still not ext4, just BTRFS, as I wanted to have snapshotting on / as well). And I managed to snatch the beginning of Yacht logs, clearly stating it's using some user with UID and GID of value 911. Can this be the cause? I don't have such user on my system, checked both /etc/passwd and /etc/group...

SelfhostedPro - any chance you could also take a look, please?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!