HP MicroServer Gen10 Plus - 4 NICs - Xeon E-2224

• How about building a mini server?

Chassis: Supermicro SuperChassis 721TQ-250B2 (4x hot swap able 3.5" HDD + 2x internal 2.5" drives)

Mainboard: any mini ITX mainboard

So you have many choices to build the server to your liking.

• On the Supermicro homepage you can find some mini ITX Server mainboards.

SoC mainboads: Intel Atom / AMD Epyc or

Socket LGA-2066, LGA-1151

• But I do agree a mini itx build could be fun though I have found that most mini itx boards currently are geared towards gaming.

That's what you will find unless you look in the right places. Amazon isn't one of them.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• gderf

Point taken. I have looked at newegg as well as manufacturers websites directly. I saw mini itx boards with onboard wifi (two antennas) sticking out of the io panel. I have seen boards with not enough sata ports, no m2 slots, m2 slots tight, m2 slots in a weird location (my asus prime board) and just all around anything in between.

I order from many different places but admittedly try to get as much from one source as possible due to the recent world situation that has just cobbled delivery services.

But I digress. I am not a hardware expert. I don't keep up with the trends.

• Supermicro was suggested above. They have several dozen.

My Asrock mini itx board has 12 SATA ports. I put an LSI SAS card in it so it can now support 20 disks.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• Hey there...

don't know if it's interesting for you but i can recommend the Asus Prime H310M-K Mainboard. Bought it for a while, when i was reading this review which can easily translated with Google etc. and i have to say THAT was the best decision i made this year ;) When in quarantine then you rethink all your Computer equipment ;)

So i just wanted to give a little reference of mine ;)

Wish you all a nice weekend

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!