SnapRAID action scheduling

• I need some clarification regarding what needs to be setup after installing snapraid and setting up the disks. In the TechoDAD videos he says to add schedule job for running snapraid sync. However, in the SnapRAID services page there is a diff scripts setting section and diff script schedule button. I clicked the diff scripts schedule button. I noticed afterwards that it added a scheduled job for /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff that runs daily.

Do I need both jobs running? Is the diff script job added by the diffscript schedule button enough to perform syncs, check for bit rot, and fix errors?

Are there any other jobs I should schedule for snapraid?

Thank you for you help.

• I don't think it's a good idea to do an unconditional sync. Do a diff first and make a decision based on what the diff tells you.

The omv-snapraid-diff does a diff, then a conditional sync, then a scrub. It will not correct errors, but it should report them in its email output.

There are quite a few similar scripts available on the net. Google: "snapraid helper script"

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!