Possible to encrypt entire drive or partition?

• Is it possible to encrypt the entire second partition of the boot drive and not the first?

I ask this because my motherboard only has 4 SATA-connectors and I need all of those for storage. I don't want USB for a boot device. If possible, my plan is to create 2 partitions on a SSD where the first partition contains the operating system and the second partition contains some storage which needs to be encypted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to encrypt the entire second partition of the boot drive and not the first?

I ask this because my motherboard only has 4 SATA-connectors and I need all of those for storage. I don't want USB for a boot device. If possible, my plan is to create 2 partitions on a SSD where the first partition contains the operating system and the second partition contains some storage which needs to be encypted.

Yes, but the iso omv installer doesn't give that many options. So use debian you can choose how to layout the partitioning in the system.

You can use LVM and leave a free empty logical volume for the remaining space and encrypt that using luks afterwards.

Or not use lvm, just plain partitions. the first one remains open, the other one encrypted.

Plain bottom, if you need to split the boot drive use the debian installer

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!