Create shared folder using absolute path?

• I accidentally created a folder in a location /srv/dev-by-label-[name]/folderName [This became my docker storage location so that is going to be a pain to change].

Creating file shares using relative path defaults to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-[name].

Is there a way to create a share from an existing folder by supplying the absolute path?

Off-Grid Home Server Project:

ROCKPro64 4GB (Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-Core)

OMV 5.5.11 on Armbian Buster Server

SD boot | 128GB SSD Docker Storage | 2x 1TB SSD RAID1 Storage

• That won't allow me to brows to the correct location. Let me add some pics.

I accidentally created a folder in /srv/dev-by-label instead of /srv/dev-disk-by-label.

If I wasn't dreading finding a way to move my docker storage to correct this I'd do that instead...I know this is sloppy.

• it's already off the OS drive...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Of course it is possible to fix. But it is a proper mess to get right.

When I messed up as you have done, I just did a fresh reinstall. And got it right, without any errors or mistakes at all. But it took a few tries.

Then I cloned the root filesystem. So I wouldn't have to do it again...

• Adoby

Yeah, I cloned just before I installed Docker so I'll have to reclone here after all this.

my OCD got the best of me so I ended up changing the directory, (re)installing docker and Portainer, deleting the old folders, and then recreating the PMS container. I feel a lot better now and things are clean. That said PMS on the RockPro is still chewing through scanning the 600gb music library (for the second time this week).

Onward and upward. More SD cards coming soon for more clones.

Sorry for the irrelevant thread I started here...I should have just ripped the band-aid in the first place.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!