how can i reset the omv-backup version of borg

• hi,

i am trying to reset omv-backup. i used the borgbackup method. since i changed a lot i deleted the backup folder. now if i try to do a new backup (using the borg method again) i get only errors about the missing repo.

how can i reset it or where is the config for the borg method so i can delete the references

thanks in advance

• agepee

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Hi,

Config is inside backup folder so now your config and repo are gone.

You should "borg init --encryption=none <path_to_backup_folder>

change the encryption to something else if you want to have encrypted backup

• i am talking about the omv-backup plugin. it has a borgbackup mode, where you don't have to setup anything. clearly the config is not in the deleted folder, because it remembers the old repo, which was in the folder.

EDIT: eating my words.

the command your gave me worked. strangely enough. thank you very much. there must be a secondary config folder where the infos about the repo are stored. otherwise i would not get a error message about the missing repo

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the borgbackup sub-directory in the shared folder you picked is deleted, it should do the borg init without needing the command line though - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/usr/sbin/omv-backup#L154

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• agepee

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!