fresh install of OMV5 on a PC, error updating

• Hello

I am started to learn OMV on a PC instead of a SBC. I freshly installed OMV5 on a SSD.

I sadly cant install OMV-extra, and every time I try to update in the GUI i get a long error message:

I have tried apt-update/upgrade in SSH without helping. Also one odd thing, is might be related to me not being able to update, I cant find OMV extra to install docker? Maybe I have bodged up the installation OS the some where. But I hope someone can help.

Thanks for your time

From

Christoffer

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Ign:1 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 10 _Buster_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20200921-17:33] buster InRelease Get:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease Ign:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease Err:3 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 10 _Buster_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20200921-17:33] buster Release Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs Get:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release Ign:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Get:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Ign:6 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en Hit:7 https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease Hit:8 https://packages.openmediavault.org/public usul InRelease Reading package lists... E: The repository 'cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 10 _Buster_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20200921-17:33] buster Release' does not have a Release file.

This is the details I get when I try to install with the web GUI

• Chrisjay

Hat den Titel des Themas von „fresh install of OMV5 on a PC“ zu „fresh install of OMV5 on a PC, error updating“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You installed without a network connection. So, your repos aren't setup. You should replace the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list with:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That worked.

Thanks a lot. It was properly because I had to pull the ethernet plug during the OS installation because I would get stuck in a endless blue screen during the IPv6 install.

How could you know that it was the problem ? Maybe it is too broad a question, if it is please dont feel pressured to answer. I just like to learn so I dont ask simple question all the time :) Maybe there is a website with "common error" codes I could look into ?

Thanks for the help again.

• Chrisjay

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Chrisjay

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

How could you know that it was the problem ? Maybe it is too broad a question, if it is please dont feel pressured to answer. I just like to learn so I dont ask simple question all the time :) Maybe there is a website with "common error" codes I could look into ?

Any time I see it trying to get packages from a cd-rom, I know that there was no network. If networking is working, the installer will remove the cd-rom line.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!