I did a upgrade from omv 3 to omv 5 theses days for two of my odroid HC's and configured them again the same way.
They basically do (almost) nothing:
- Exposing two shares with smb for 1 user / 2 clients
- pushing the shares via rsync to NAS2
- receiving the rsync push from NAS1
- doing a local rsnapshot from the rsynced shares
- exposing two shares for bare metal backups for 2 user / 2 client
I had mail notifications also with omv 3 but never got messages regarding Resource limit matched I now get from NAS2:
The system monitoring needs your attention.
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 10:09:07
Event: Resource limit matched
Description: loadavg (5min) of 8.8 matches resource limit [loadavg (5min) > 8.0]
This triggered the monitoring system to: alert
You have received this notification because you have enabled the system monitoring on this host.
To change your notification preferences, please go to the 'System | Notification' or 'System | Monitoring' page in the web interface.
I wonder were this comes from? Any idea if it would be possible to set up a little logging or something which tells me the process which is running wild?