[SOLVE] use omv pc sometimes for other?

• Hi,
    Can i install a desktop and can i use it after i log on a OMV pc? Is this a Option for a temperuri usw this PC?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• You can install Debian Squeeze and then OMV on top of it. Then when you boot up you could have a desktop if you are on your OMV machine. I have a gnome desktop that I vnc into for some applications but my OMV is headless.

• okay, thanks.
    1. i install debian and i edit the sources with OMV sources and debian sources
    or
    2. Install OMV an istall a desktop with apt-get?

is 1 or 2 the right way?

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Both ways will work. The first may be easier for beginners, where the second would be the way to go if you want to add it on an already configured system.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Install Debian squeeze with what ever desktop you want from iso

then in commandl line

Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public sardaukar main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

done

• Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!